Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Scorpions. I'm Going Mad. 1972.



Who would have thunk it.

If you can ignore the obvious Spinal Tap "Stonehenge" jokes, this early Scorpions shit is pretty badass. The Schenker brothers come off like an extension of Tony Iommi's pickin' hand in this epic tale of neurosis and paranoia.

Most Germans are inherently weird, but this video makes these guys seem like regular dudes. Sorta.

I love the footage of the band frolicking through the wilderness. A staple of early 1970's music video. "Klaus, I vant you to leap and jump for joy in dis scene, you are going mad...you are going mad"

1 comment:

  1. Who knew? The "Virgin Killers" album art fucked with my wiring until a few years ago when I forgot about it. Now that I remember it it's tripping me out all over again.

    ReplyDelete