Thursday, July 30, 2009

Yes. Roundabout. 1973.



I run the risk of being flogged as a "Prog Nerd" for posting this one.

When I was about 12 years old I signed up for one of those "10 CD's for a Penny!" deals from BMG. My first shipment included these gems:

1. Suicidal Tendencies - Join the Army.
2. Circle Jerks - Wonderful.
3. Bad Company - Greatest Hits.
4. Led Zeppelin - Coda.
5. Parliament - Greatest Hits.
6. Kiss - Destroyer.
7. Ice - T - Power.
8. Dead Milkmen - Beelzebubba.
9. Pink Floyd - Momentary Lapse of Reason.
10. Yes - Claqssic Yes.

As you can see, this particular shipment was a perfect balance of skater rock and KQRS worship. I realized that I could rip BMG off by using a different name while ordering, so I continued doing this for about 8 years. I'm fairly certain that my premature criminal organization was a punishable offense along the lines of mail fraud, and very likely a felony. I was never busted. Suckers!

No comments:

Post a Comment